These Shoes have a story to tell

LI: To use the 5 senses and personification to help us paint a picture with words.
To understand that personification is to give an inanimate object human qualities

Our  challenge was to co construct a text using personification and the senses to describe the story behind the shoes in this image. We sat back to back and weren’t able to talk, when one partner was done with thier sentence they would add a fullstop to tell the other person they are done so now its ur turn, this would continue until the story was done.Half way through Mrs Anderson challenged us to include a rhetorical question and a simile or metaphor me and my partner added ” cried, I was hoping to make it back home clean and dry” for the simile.Once we had completed this part of the challenge we joined together with another group to share our writing and make sure what we had written made sense.

After that part of the challenge was finished we used the punctuation points game to me and my partners got 40 points, We marked eachother’s punctuation against the points table. We then had a chance to check our own work against the points table. That was fun because every point our partners missed menat we could take a point off theirs.

I found this activity interesting because I was able to work more on my teamwork and more about 5 senses, I also found this interesting because I was able to give a nonliving things and objects living attributes.